Thursday, May 17, 2012

Homework for the week of May 22

By popular request, I have sent the homework for next week home today. This way, the students have a few extra days to work on it.

The homework this week includes:
- Picky Penguin Pens: A geometry problem solving activity in which they use toothpicks to design the penguins' pens.
- Camp Arrowhead: Answering question about the bar graph.
- Multiplication, division, addition and subtraction reviews. Please review these with your child as the sheets are coming back to school with mistakes.
- Equivalent Fractions: We practiced using fractions in class today and completed the first 5 questions together. If they get stuck, encourage them to draw a picture. I recommend that if you have access to the Internet, please play some of the fractions games listed on my blog. They are under the math section. All of the websites listed there are the websites I strongly recommend.
-A very short reading comprehension activity.

I wish everyone a safe and relaxing long weekend.

I look forward to seeing everyone on Tuesday May 22nd.

Miss Portfors

No comments:

Post a Comment